Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Talks on career and job opportunities, payroll problems and advices.

Employer want to deemed the AL

More
4 years 4 months ago #2965 by Sally
Hi,
This year I was hospitalize for 60 days
Then same year (2019) i have cleared my previous year carry forward which agree by my employer
At the same time I have also cleared my RL for PH day that i worked
In this case it resulted me to have my AL of 12 days which is not being cleared. so Im planning to clear those leave by next month, not all 12 days, but only 7 days and rest 5 days I able to carry forward next year (2020)

However now my employer refuse to approve my 7 days AL and my employer want that AL to be deemed means forfeited without any pay with reason I was on long leave for this year as examples I when for 60 days hospitalization leave + clearing my 2018 carry forward leave + my RL leave.

Can the employee do such decision, furthermore in my offer letter doesn't written such way.
In my offer letter written that I am entitle for 60 days hospitalization leave and 12 days AL for every year
More
4 years 4 months ago #2966 by Kap-Chew
Hi Sally,

You will need to check both your country's labour law and your employment contract. As long as the employer is compliant with the labour law in terms of leave granted to employees, they do have some leeway on making some leave related policies. That's why it's best to consult your HR what are the basis for their decision and whether it is compliant to local labour law.
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds