Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× General topics related to statutory, employee management and etc.

Leave entitlement calculation wrong

More
2 years 9 months ago #3679 by Danny
The entitlement per year is the same for everyone but some staff did not start from the beginning of the year.

I think it is reasonable to expect if the staff joined sometime during the year that the entitlement is prorated automatically. Since this behaviour is true for current year entitlements which correctly calculate the prorated balance automatically, that's why I thought it may be a bug.

Just trying to understand the logic of this, I'm not challenging you or anything, not sure how I gave you the impression of arguing. Apologies if I gave the wrong tone.
More
2 years 9 months ago #3680 by Kap-Chew
Yes, I agree, but the point is, not every employer's leave entitlement year starts at 1 Jan. Just think of those that start at some other time, such as 1 Jul etc, my system will still need to assume one-year period when it comes to earning calculation.

That's also why there is this Earning Start and Valid Until for such purpose.

In the cases where an employee joins half way, the only way to do it is to use the remaining Entitlement to calculate earning. If not, that will mean I will need to come out with a different solution for those employers whose leave entitlement do not start at 1 Jan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Danny
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds