Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× General topics related to statutory, employee management and etc.

Prorate Salary during Payroll Processing

More
6 years 6 months ago #1471 by Canna
Hi,

First and foremost, thank you for this free HR.my software. It's easy to use.

I am currently processing payroll for period ending October 2017. However, the system doesn't seem to prorate the salary & allowances for employee(s) who started mid-month. For example, I have 2 employee who joined on 16/10/17. However, when process the payroll the amount shown is a full month pay.

How do I go about it? Do I have to adjust this manually?

Thank you.
More
6 years 6 months ago #1472 by Kap-Chew
Hi Canna,

For now you need to use Variable Deduction to deduct the first 15 days off the employee's salary processing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Canna
More
3 years 2 months ago #3455 by Nassha
Hi Kap-Chew, for prorate salary. Are the system still using the same variable deduction function? wondering if you have cut off date function from when to when
More
3 years 2 months ago #3457 by Kap-Chew
Hi, for now you will need to do it manually with Variable Deduction. What do you mean with " cut off date function from when to when"? Any example?
More
3 years 2 months ago #3458 by Nassha
Morning Kap-Chew,

Yes, for Example, our cut off date from 20th until 21th every month. Since I very new to Hr position, is there any reference I can use to calculate variable deduction especially for prorated salary.
More
3 years 2 months ago #3459 by Kap-Chew
Good morning. I see. I will support payroll period later, which let users to specify what you mean, but I will need sometime because I am currently busy with the new Employer UI.

For Variable Deduction, it's very straightforward. You may run some test run payroll to see how it works. If you are worried about your data, you may actually delete any processed payroll and also run the payroll as draft.
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds