Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Rollover leave between years

More
2 years 2 months ago #4016 by Tracy Benson
I'm having trouble moving leave between years. According to our labour laws, we base the employee's leave cycle from the date they start, which means I have to make new records with the balance of the previous year. For example:

Leave earning start: 2021-08-01
Leave earning end: 2022-07-31
Earning policy: pro-rated over a year, earned on a monthly basis
Entitled: 25
Earned: 10.42
Balance at end of 2021: 10.42

Moving to 2022
Leave earning start: 2022-01-01
Leave earning end: 2022-07-31
Earning policy: pro-rated over a year, earned on a monthly basis
Entitled: 25
Earned: 0
Carried over: 10.42
Balance: 10.42
(calculated balance at end January): 12

At the end of August, I need to then:
Change leave earning start to 2022-08-01
Change leave earning end to 2023-07-31
Add "carried over" days for anything taken between January & July to keep the balance correct
Remove the accrual

Is there any way to do this automatically? If a leave cycle doesn't run from 1 Jan - 31 December, we need to make multiple records and edit existing ones just to make it work out.
More
2 years 2 months ago #4017 by Kap-Chew
There is no automatic way for this yet, but you may consider using Import Leave Entitlement feature to ease the work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Benson
More
2 years 2 months ago #4018 by Tracy Benson
Thank you so much for your response!

I have used the Import Leave Entitlement feature to roll over between the years. It does make some extra work, though, when I have to change the entitlement start/end dates on the person's anniversary and re-balance the number of days they have. If a feature could be added to have leave cycles that go between years and handle the rollover between the years, that would be great.

There's also no real way to handle left-over leave that we still allow employees to take (right now I move the balance to a different leave type with a different validity).

Thanks again.
More
2 years 2 months ago #4021 by Kap-Chew
For left-over leave, there are 2 ways of handling:

1. If the balance does not change, then you may extend the Valid Until to new year, and ask your employees to apply it in last year's entitlement.

2. If the balance does change (like limited carry over each year), then you will need to add it to the Carry Over of new year's leave entitlements.
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds