Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

How do you manage leave replacement?

More
2 years 1 week ago #4298 by Wei Mae Chen
Hey guys,

How do you guys manage leave replacement? The only way I can think to work around the system is adding a Replacement Leave type and then when someone does apply for it, we delete it and add on to their Annual leave entitlement.

Is there another way to do it?
More
2 years 1 week ago #4299 by Kap-Chew
May I know why do you need to delete and add to Annual leave?
More
2 years 1 week ago #4300 by Wei Mae Chen
Because it doesn't seem to have the replacement leave option, all the leave type is to subtract from the existing amount of leave days but not to add into it. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong?
More
2 years 1 week ago #4301 by Kap-Chew
I still don't understand, you already created a Replacement Leave entitlement for the employee, why do you need to shift it to Annual leave again? If it must be under Annual leave, why do you create Replacement Leave, instead of adding replacement leave entitlement to the Annual leave?
More
2 years 1 week ago #4302 by Wei Mae Chen
Ah I see, I think I understand what you're trying to suggest here. I suppose I didn't want to put a limited days on replacement leave, coz we don't know how many days in a year our employees might use that. So I'm thinking of a "as-and-when" situation, when they apply, we approve, but no limits to it.
More
2 years 1 week ago #4303 by Kap-Chew
Well, if you really need to apply such no-limit policy for the replacement leave, then I think what you did was the only way to achieve it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wei Mae Chen
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds