Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Leave in Hours

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #791 by Miles
Leave in Hours was created by Miles
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help. I'm looking to do the leave calculations in hours. My staff work varied shifts throughout the week, thus one day off may be more hours than another one would have been in the same week. Because of this I need to be able to calculate leave in hours not days in order for the system to be of any use.

Does anyone know if this is indeed possible?

Many Thanks,

Miles
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Miles. Reason: typo
More
7 years 7 months ago #792 by Kap-Chew
Replied by Kap-Chew on topic Leave in Hours
Hi, for now HR.my can handle leave up to a decimal point of a day, for instance 0.1 day or 0.2 day to 0.9 day, which may not be 100% what you want now.

If you could tell me the actual requirements in more detail, probably I may come up with some solution that may fit your situation later.
More
7 years 7 months ago #793 by Miles
Replied by Miles on topic Leave in Hours
Hello,

Thanks for the response, the reason I didn't use another version of similar software was due to it's inability to do this.

One member of staff may work 6 hours every Monday and Tuesday and 8 hours every Thursday and Friday. Meaning that their overall weekly hours are 28 hours per week. If a staff member is requesting leave for a Monday, then they will be taking less of their leave entitlement than they would if they took a Friday off.

As a result, what I need is the option for it to be calculated and reflected in hours as opposed to the days as it currently is.

For example, if the member of staff took only fridays off and we used this as a means of monitoring the remaining holidays, as it stands they would receive more time than they should be allowed as it is calculated in days not hours. Conversely, if they took only mondays off, they would not be getting their full holiday entitlement.

Our business has many workers on varied shifts and so the entitlement would not be at all correct as it stands. I'm desperate to find a system that can solve this problem and allow us to reduce the balance based on the actual hours.

Also, a means by which to freeze and alter an entitlement during the holiday year - in the instance of flexible working requests.

Many Thanks,

Miles
More
7 years 7 months ago #794 by Kap-Chew
Hi Miles,

1. It sounds to me that if the entitlement is hour-based instead of day-based, it could already have solved your problem?

2. I don't really get this part, "Also, a means by which to freeze and alter an entitlement during the holiday year - in the instance of flexible working requests." Care to elaborate?
More
7 years 7 months ago #795 by Miles
Replied by Miles on topic Leave in Hours
Yes so in theory i could alter the entitlement to the hours rather than days when I input it then that solves it somewhat, but the difficulty is when a member of staff (not all are tech savvy) may try to apply for leave, they will see the section where they need to input days and input one rather than the amount of hours possible. This is something I would like to avoid so having something which said hours to staff (or even just the words entitlement taken instead of days) would be great.

Ignore my second point I think i've solved that one for myself.

However, is there also a way when applying for the leave for the staff to advise us of what hours they want off (imagine a member of staff wants three hours off in the morning to make an appointment - 9-12) I don't see any way of doing that on the system currently.

I think these may very well be huge to anyone who have staff that work flexible or unusual hours, and also anyone who have staff that are people and have to have the odd morning off here and there due to health or family issues.

What would is the likelihood of this being possible on the system?

Many Thanks,

Miles
More
7 years 7 months ago #796 by Kap-Chew
Hi Miles,

1. Does your company only implement leave entitlement in hours? any other employees that are on day scheme instead? If it's all on hour basis, then I could probably provide a company level option to change the word for Day to Hour. However, if you do have some employees on day basis, then it's kind of a little bit complicated here.

2. What do you think if the employees specify what hours they want off in the Reason field?
The following user(s) said Thank You: C K Low
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds