Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

FIELD CHECK IN

More
4 years 11 months ago #2719 by Abigail de Coning
Replied by Abigail de Coning on topic FIELD CHECK IN
I'll ask that my team provide me with more detailed feedback so that we can understand the exact challenge that they are experiencing.

I'll provide you with feedback ASAP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kap-Chew
More
4 years 11 months ago #2720 by Abigail de Coning
Hi Kap-Chew,

Alright, some colleagues struggle with an internet connection, however, they are able to communicate with me via other Apps such as Slack which also require an internet connection.

Some colleagues struggle to log in on their mobile device due to credential problems although they have logged into the Employee Web Account and recently used exactly the same credentials on their laptop. We reset a password twice just to check what the problem was. Eventually (after the 3rd or 4th try) they were able to log in.

I am not sure why this is happening but would appreciate if you have any suggestion.

Something to consider could be an HR.my Add On in Slack?

HR.my is simple and easy to use and a great Freeware which I would love to continue using.
More
4 years 11 months ago #2721 by Kap-Chew
Replied by Kap-Chew on topic FIELD CHECK IN
Hi Abigail,

1. Regarding the Internet connection issue, are your colleagues using Slack App or Slack website via a web browser? There is a big difference here.

2. Regarding the password issue, try using some simple password to see if this problem still persists?
More
4 years 11 months ago #2722 by Abigail de Coning
Hi Kap-Chew,

They indeed use Slack as an App.

We sorted out the password issue, thank you.

Will and HR.my App be available in the near future?

Our colleagues work as consultants and travel all over the world. We would like to adopt HR.my completely as it is a very useful tool and an app would be of great use.

If they do struggle to use the Field Check-In due to internet connection problems in Africa, could you perhaps suggest a solution, a possibility for the Administrator to log in on their behalf (just as a record) so that we can note that they did arrive on site?

I really appreciate your quick response.
More
4 years 11 months ago #2723 by Kap-Chew
Replied by Kap-Chew on topic FIELD CHECK IN
Hi Abigail,

1. Of course they did use Slack App. Using an App means you only have to download data from the server, but using web browser will at times need to download all new files from the server when HR.my has been updated. That's why there is a big difference here.

2. I have always wanted to develop an App for HR.my, but until the crowdfunding campaign is supported by enough users, I would not have such budget for it yet.

3. This is a bit tricky. For normal Attendance, you may add the records as Admin, but for Field Check-In, only employees can add it, as it would defeat the purpose if an Admin adds the record for Field Check-In, which is aimed for mobile workforce management.
More
4 years 11 months ago #2724 by Abigail de Coning
Hi Kap-Chew,

Thank you for your feedback.

This makes sense. I will explain this to my team and in the meantime, we will make alternative arrangements (even if the Administrator should add a normal attendance for such cases) should my colleagues struggle to check in using the Field Check-In option.

I do hope that the funding comes through for the App very soon and we will most definitely be making use of it.

Thank you for your help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kap-Chew
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds