Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Time Clock and Geo location issues

More
5 years 1 month ago #2550 by Angie
Hi,

I am having issues as some of my employees are not able to clock in using the geolocation from their iPhones. When trying to clock in, they are getting an "access denied" message. When I check hr.my the web account is active for that employee and nothing seems to be wrong, but it does not show that they tried to log in. I am able to log in to my own employee account and use the geolocation with pic just fine but the employee keeps getting denied. He did: allow access for gps and camera, and I do not have ip specific setting enabled. Not sure what the problem is. Has anyone else encountered this?
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #2552 by Kap-Chew
Hi Angie, I believe this is the mobile web browser prohibiting the access to Camera and Geo information that caused the error of "access denied". I am not familiar with iPhone browsers, you may try to Google for solution.

FWIW, I am able to clock in on my Android mobile using Chrome. Perhaps you may ask your employee to install Chrome on their mobile to check if the same problem still persists?
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Kap-Chew.
More
5 years 1 month ago #2553 by Angie
Well, was able to log in with my iPhone on the safari web browser without an issue. So again, not sure if there is anything in the employees account set up or settings that I my need to change?

Also, another question: When I enter new employees info it requires and ID number at top and then at bottom asks for another number that I think is for SSN (social security number), but what is the first number for?
More
5 years 1 month ago #2554 by Kap-Chew
Hi Angie,

1. I think the latest version of Safari has broken my implementation. I just tested on my iPad and it failed too. Will look into this later.

2. That's for employer's record purpose. If you do not wish to keep it, simply copy Employee ID into the National ID field.
More
5 years 1 month ago #2667 by Albert
Hello Kap Chew,

I was wondering if you have already fixes the issues of this IPHONE not recognizing Geo Location for an employee using
both Safari and Chrome?

Thanks,
ALBERT
More
5 years 1 month ago #2668 by Kap-Chew
No, I can't fix, it's system level problem. However, I have tried Chrome on iPad, it works properly. Do you still face any problem using Chrome on iPhone?
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds