Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× If you need more features for the free payroll software and HR software, please do not hesitate to post it here.

Overtime

More
4 years 8 months ago #2826 by Kap-Chew
Replied by Kap-Chew on topic Overtime
OK, then another question. In your suggestion, you suggested that the employee choose the shift when checking in. Question:

1. Isn't the shift assigned to employee directly?
2. When employee chooses the shift, what if he/she chooses the wrong one?
More
4 years 8 months ago #2827 by naveron
Replied by naveron on topic Overtime
That's right though. Well, I hope he/she pick the right shift, if not they'll not get any overtime. lol
But no, nah, that was just what in my mind at that short time, I didn't think it thoroughly. Sorry, so, let's just scrap that.

Usually, they have the supervisor who plan their schedule ahead for a whole month.
I guess I'll have the supervisor to set up their schedule for a month.
Although sometimes there could have changes, because of factors they can't control, such as sickness, replacing other employee who are sick, accident, other x factors, etc.

That's all I think.
More
4 years 8 months ago #2828 by Kap-Chew
Can I conclude that:

1. The shifts are usually planned once a month.
2. Occasionally the shifts will need to be change for certain employees from time to time.
3. When changing shifts is needed for certain days, usually it will not affect the originally planned shifts for the rest of the days for employees involved?
4. The shift schedules do not change for years.

Am I right for above mentioned?

Additionally, do you need to check shift history? if so, for what purpose?
More
4 years 8 months ago #2829 by naveron
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes (sometimes one employee will cover 2 shifts if another employee is sick or have other important thing in life to tend to)
4. Yes

Shift history:
Umm, sometimes I think, but not often. When some customer complain of some employee conduct, or if there are merchandise missing for a pretty huge amount in a day, we kind of need to know who's in that particular time frame.
More
4 years 8 months ago #2830 by Kap-Chew
I see. On a related note:

1. Will employees on shift need to apply for leaves? Or you just mark them as off shift?
2. What about public holidays? Do they work shift during holidays? Will they be entitled to replacement leave then?
More
4 years 8 months ago #2831 by naveron
1. Only for several days leave, that they need to apply for leaves. If only for 1 day, they only need to inform us that they have something urgent to tend to, etc. and we mark them as off.

2. Some outlets close for 1 day during big holidays, like Idul Fitr. But other outlet work shift during holidays. They get paid more if they work during holidays.
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds