Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× If you need more features for the free payroll software and HR software, please do not hesitate to post it here.

Overtime

More
4 years 8 months ago #2814 by naveron
Replied by naveron on topic Overtime
Hi Kap-Chew,

I've just tried the Attendance Management, and it works good!

However, we have this shift systems, where each employee can have different shifts everyday. For example John Doe works at shift 1 today, but tomorrow he might work at shift 2.

So, I have set up Multiple Workdays Scheme based on the shift's time. But when I try to check in & out, I'm unable to know if he's being put in shift 1 or shift 2 time frame.

So in my mind, it would be wonderful if during Attendance Transaction we can choose the workdays scheme (I attach the sample of how it might look).

Although if the employee check in & out themselves, I'm not sure how it would work, maybe it would be okay if they have the ability to choose their shift time.

That's all in my mind for now. Thank you for improving the program!
Attachments:
More
4 years 8 months ago #2815 by Kap-Chew
Replied by Kap-Chew on topic Overtime
Hi Naveron,

Shift is not yet supported by HR.my. I need a thorough understand of most use cases where shifts apply before I could embark on the enhancement. I need to know how shifts are planned, and how frequent shifts are changed.

Changing the system haphazardly based on piece-meal suggestion would render the system untenable for long term development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: naveron
More
4 years 8 months ago #2816 by naveron
Ah, I see. It's okay, just improve it mindfully & steadily.
More
4 years 8 months ago #2817 by Kap-Chew
Replied by Kap-Chew on topic Overtime
You may tell me more about how shift works in your environment if you wish :)
More
4 years 8 months ago #2818 by naveron
Oh, right. So we have a few outlets/branches. And these outlets have different shifts, the difference mostly on shift 2 time frame.
Shift 1 is pretty much the same overall the outlets.

Example (I'll just use 24-hour format to make it easier to read, I hope, lol)
Shift 1 on all outlets/branch: 09:00 - 16:30
Shift 2 on outlet/branch A: 14:00 - 22:00
Shift 2 on outlet/branch B: 15:00 - 22:00
Shift 2 on outlet/branch C: 16:00 - 22:00
Sometimes they have middle shift too that differs a bit
Middle shift: 12:00-20:00

That's pretty much how our outlets time frame looks like.
More
4 years 8 months ago #2819 by naveron
Besides that, sometimes when one outlet is in shortage of employee (due to one employee leave for sickness, etc), another employee from other outlet may substitute for that employee for temporary.

Actually, when I only use the Default Workdays Scheme and tick the Full Day Overtime, I'm able to track overtime already.
The only thing missing is I'm unable to track tardiness, because I didn't set up the Start & End time due to different shifts time frame.
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds